Friday, May 6, 2016

Let Them Choose!

Today, I read an article about a would-be event for dads who wanted to "marry off" their young.


It was a troubling story, and while I commend the Salvation Army for not allowing this event on Salvation Army property, I am sure it will happen elsewhere. At best, it's forced marriage (though the group adamantly denies this. (Look at the top of the page to see what I mean). At worst, it's human trafficking. It's horrible that this group is out there, and it seems every time I look at something different on the page I see something less and less logical, less and less allowing others their due freedom. 


In the page linked above, the group talks about the "evils" of someone who was a part of a group like theirs but was sent to a "Godless" college and changed their beliefs. I can't imagine what it's like for people--children--who are still a part of this cult. 


No comments:

Post a Comment