Monday, February 15, 2016

R-e-s-p-e-c-t

    
Some of the comments I have received from family members after "coming out" as nonreligious have been less than kind, attacking my intelligence and essentially asking me why I feel the need to question things so much. I was even "tagged" in one of those "be like Bob" memes, but instead of Bob it was Peter asking me to "be smart and follow Jesus."

Yeah.

However, I don't want to focus completely on the negative comments I received. One of my family members actually commended me for questioning things--and she is a Christian! She believes that God literally created the earth in six days and that the Big Bang Theory is flawed. She says she has the science to back these claims up--and she wants to discuss these things with me, the both of us being rational adults. I must say this is refreshing, and I am looking forward to our discussions! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment