Saturday, April 2, 2016

This Little Diddy Was Inspired by a Book I Recently Read

You’ve always had more problems than I,

For you created them all yourself.

Now watch, admire your handiwork.

Ask all why it must be this way

Though the place on which you stand

Was built by those two very hands.



You say you want her?

One by one, you will find her

And weep for the loss of your beautiful illusions

Truly, these are your own delusions

Of grandeur.



All you need is that ember, you claim,

No. An audience to watch you burn.

All the while you say you yearn

For what will never be.

I see.



What are you? I
wonder.

Man or beast?

I do believe you wish to feast

On the sympathies of those you know.

Even so,

This charade still plays.

I suppose we should all just enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment