Monday, March 28, 2016

Sex! Drugs! Violence!

Yesterday, I made a post about my beliefs on the Jesus Easter story.


It was met with some criticism from my family/friends for the post on The Book of Faces. 

A family member thanked me for bringing her closer to Jesus through the post and implied that the Holy Spirit was still working within me. (I would attribute this "closeness" to the "jump-back" as a result of uncomfortable cognitive dissonance, but that's just me). 

A friend asked me how I had "renounced" the Holy Spirit if I didn't believe that it existed. I replied that by using the word "renounced" I meant that I was renouncing my belief in the Holy Spirit. I went on to explain that even if god existed, I wouldn't like him because he was cruel. The friend then asked me what god had done in my life to show me his cruelty, and I explained that my evidence was from the bible, not my life.

To which the reply was something to the effect of, "That was the Old Testament, it would be better to look at the New Testament for evidence to support your point." Since Jesus made the old law invalid.

No comments:

Post a Comment